Friday, September 11, 2009

Chicken Little


This morning, my friends, I have achieved yet another raw meat victory.  I have, in fact, held, cleaned and prepared a raw chicken in its entirety.  Disturbingly enough it made me think of holding a baby, but Freudian issues aside, I am very pleased with myself.  I defrosted the chicken last night, and washed it this morning (I don't even know if you need to wash a grocery store chicken, but I figured better safe than sorry). Then I took a tip from a foodie at work and pushed peeled garlic cloves under its skin, I can only imagine the garlicky goodness that shal result from this innovation.  Next, I rubbed paprika, SnP, garlic salt and Montreal Steak Spice (don't say it) over it, and stuffed it tenderly in the crock pot where it will simmer gloriously on low whilst I venture out to make money today.  I have some Yukon gold potatoes, the small ones, that I am deciding what to do with for a side dish; currently I'm leaning towards mashed.  I will pick up some green beans or other related vegetable on the way home from work.

My charming husband told me to take an extra day off in order to have one more summer weekend with him - what a gem.  I am hoping to make a strata on Saturday or Sunday morning.  Savory style a la Rachael Ray.  I have to pick up some cheeses to make a go of this - but should be fun.  

I have the before picture available currently for the chicken, please note my shining achievement of the lumpy garlic cloves, should you be able to see them despite the obvious blackberry-esque photo quality.  Would you also judge me severely if I mentioned that I've still been too lazy to plug the camera in to charge?  Its alright, I'm judging myself.

Happy Friday to you all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment